Friday, January 2, 2009

we undressed, and then dressed again.

I followed you in, under the sighing, restless trees and my whole life vanished.
You stripped me off, and dressed me again in moonglow and bay leaves
tucked daisies behind my ears and vines through my marrow.
I followed you deeper, as the world shrank back to nothing and the ivy blossoms caught my skin
and we knelt in those leaves and kissed and swooned and kissed.

Into that water we fell
you were the stream, and maybe I was drowning
or simply learning to breathe

I followed you into that forest, leaving my childhood trapped in those flowers
the ones that held the moon in petals
something tangled in the vines, hair or sinew or innocence, a vitality.
The snapping dragons laved at our eyes and the places sweat pooled.

No comments:

Post a Comment